The Social Security Administration (SSA) is closed during this pandemic, but they continue to provide services to the community. While offices are not providing service to walk-in visitors, you can access nearly all services over the phone or online. If you need help from the SSA, reach out now and get the help you need.
- Phone: Speak with a representative by calling your local Social Security office or the national number at 800-772-1213. They provide local office phone numbers online with their Social Security Office Locator.
- Online services include:
- Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits.
- Check the status of an application or appeal.
- Request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas).
- Print a benefit verification letter.
SSA understands that getting medical and other documentation can be difficult due to the pandemic. They continue to extend certain deadlines wherever possible. See more on their website as they revamped their online portal at ssa.gov/benefits/retirement.
Be on the lookout for some new and exciting toolkits, including How to Save Money with Medicare, coming to our website in September 2020!