Reports to: Director of Client Services | FLSA: half-time hourly non-exempt
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Client Services and will represent the organization in all aspects of assigned work. In this capacity, the Administrative Assistant will be expected to perform routine administrative office duties in support of an efficient and effective professional work environment. In addition, this position may have the opportunity to directly supervise office volunteers.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Data entry requiring the ability to type
- Familiar with Activenet, FAMCare, WellSky, and Volgistics
- Complete routine data entry and generate required reports per reporting timelines.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, copier, telephone, calculator, FAX machine, postage meter, folding machine and other equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Provide oversite and supervision to office volunteers as assigned.
- Monitor and distribute Faxed information to appropriate IHC team members.
- Prepare and distribute departmental mail, including bulk mailing, as needed.
- Provide admin support for projects as assigned, assisting staff with administrative tasks.
- Perform copying and collating tasks.
- Work with multiple departments in processing and reporting of survey data.
- Assist, as necessary, with special events and related activities of SourcePoint.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, meet deadlines and successfully handle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Two years’ experience as a Customer Service Assistant, Clerk, or Secretary in an office environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet applications and Microsoft office suite; and
- Experience supervising and working with volunteers preferred
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to drive a car and transport bulk mailing to the post office and between office locations as needed.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to insure a smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Administrative Assistant required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis.
Please remit your resume, including references to applica[email protected] with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.