The Café Host is responsible for meal service and programming to all café guests at the assigned café. Our nutrition program does not just provide older adults access to healthy food, we provide community! This position is located at 800 Cheshire Road in Delaware, as well as our off-site locations. The host will generally be scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 9am to 2pm. There is need for flexibility to attend meetings before and after the regular assigned schedule.
Reports to: Nutrition Administrative Manager | FLSA: Part-time non-exempt position $13/hour
Essential Job Functions:
Café Oversight (60%)
• Coordinate programs and activities at assigned cafés
• Create a vibrant and welcoming environment for café guests and volunteers
• Follow accepted safe food handling practices to maintain a safe and clean environment
• Prepare site for service, as well as clean up following service which includes sanitizing all surfaces, emptying trash, cleaning and storing equipment, sweeping/mopping
Communication & Collaboration (20%)
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, training sessions, and in-service education programs, as required
• Train, schedule, and supervise volunteers assisting with meal service and programs
• Maintain thorough knowledge of customer eligibility for all funding sources, service availability, and all program requirements
• Adhere to all applicable Nutrition Program policies and procedures
Reporting & Recordkeeping (20%)
• Maintain accurate records which meet funding requirements
• Receive payments and donations for meals
• Complete client records data entry
• Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment, completing inventory reports as required
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience as a host or in foodservice preferred
• Previous experience with volunteers preferred
• Previous experience in planning programs, activities, and or engagement opportunities preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate effective oral, written, and electronic communications methods with a culturally diverse group of employees and volunteers in an articulate and professional manner
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to be creative and deal with change and ambiguity
• Demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of software programs including Microsoft
• Previous experience handling money preferred
• Ability to promote a positive work culture within the organization; and project a positive image of the organization in the community and to routinely interact with the public
• Must be willing to submit to and pass criminal background checks per agency policy
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Ability to lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis without assistance, stand for long periods, and navigate un-level terrain and stairs
• Ability to drive to and from off-site cafes, meeting, events, etc. on a regular basis and have access to a reliable automobile; and must maintain automobile insurance in an amount established by SourcePoint
• Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions, including ability to work in environments where is potential for exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
In any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities necessary to ensure a smooth continuity of operations with the organization. It is expected that other organizational needs will emerge, which will be assigned to the Nutrition Administrative Manager.
SourcePoint helps Delaware County adults 55 and better live safely at home and stay healthy as they age. We provide in-home care like Meals on Wheels, a large community center, support for caregivers, and more. And we want you on our team! Come join a wonderful organization that brings a wide variety of expertise and talents together under one roof. At SourcePoint, every team member, from accounting to wellness, contributes to our mission to help our community live well after 55.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At SourcePoint, we know diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.