Reports to: MOW Coordinator | FLSA: Contingent non-exempt position
Working under the direct supervision of the MOW Coordinator, the Meal Delivery Driver is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of meals, as well as the packing of routes, as required. The Meal Delivery Driver will drive either an assigned agency vehicle or their own vehicle based on vehicle availability. The Driver will be available daily to cover any open meal delivery routes to ensure uninterrupted service to clients.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Responsible for packing paid van route bags if assigned to said route
- Responsible for pick up and delivery of meals to each client on assigned route
- Responsible for maintaining accurate delivery records
- Responsible for reporting any Changes of Conditions observed of any meal clients
- Follow all food safety procedures to ensure safe food service to a high risk population
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of customer eligibility for all funding sources, service availability and all program requirements
- Create a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and an understanding of and commitment to SourcePoint’s pursuit of excellence in customer service
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, training sessions, and in-service education programs, as required
- Adhere to all applicable Nutrition Program policies and procedures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all the programs and services provided and supported by SourcePoint, both within the organization and through our many community partners
- Available Monday through Friday, between 9:30am and 2:00pm for 1.5 to 4.5 hour shifts , as well as flexibility in scheduling due to the fact that there will be the need to attend meetings before and after the regular assigned schedule
- Access to reliable transportation and be comfortable and willing to drive in all types of weather
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage at levels dictated by agency and acceptable driving record
- Willing to submit to and pass criminal background checks per agency policy
- Comfortable with the operation of technology; such as tablets, GPS, etc.
- Ability to be creative and deal with ambiguity and change on a routine basis
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written and verbal methods
- Ability to promote a positive work culture within the organization, project a positive image of the organization in the community, and interact with the general public in a positive manner
- Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions; including ability to work in environments with potential exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
- Enjoy and respect older adults; including patience and understanding
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 30 -40 lbs. on a regular basis without assistance
- Ability to safely navigate unlevel terrain and stairs
- Ability to maintain a fast pace throughout the entire shift
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Meal Delivery Driver required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis. It is also anticipated that other organizational needs will emerge from time to time, which will be assigned to the Meal Delivery Driver.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Contingent Meal Delivery Driver in the subject line.