Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor | FLSA: Half-time (20-29 hours)
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, the primary responsibilities are to perform all customer service operations in such a manner that ensures a professional image and a positive experience to all members, guests, and clients.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Greets the public in a pleasant and professional manner, as this is the first point of contact of the agency, to ensure a positive image of the organization.
- Must have a thorough understanding of all services provided by SourcePoint and be able to field basic inquires and communicate basic information to the public.
- Manage the telephone system professionally – answering telephone calls and routing all callers and guests to the appropriate staff person;
- Must be able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Assist guests, members and clients with registration for various programs, membership, events, products and services, records cash receipts and credit card payments.
- Ability to type, perform data entry and transaction processing using assigned software
- Must be able to adapt to change and new procedures as the organization grows and adapts to the needs of our customers.
- Maintain mailing lists, databases, perform data entry and clerical duties as assigned, assist staff members as necessary with administrative tasks
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, copier, telephone, calculator, FAX machine, postage meter, folding machine and other equipment necessary to perform duties;
- Perform copying and collating tasks, office mailings, etc
- Assist, as necessary, with special events, performs errands as needed, which may require a vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Two years’ experience as a Customer Service Assistant, Clerk, Receptionist or Secretary in an office environment preferred
- Cooperative team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Experience with ActiveNet or other registration software, cashiering and transaction processing, Microsoft office suite, word and excel.
- Flexibility with work schedule, including day, evening and Saturday hours. Hours may vary during times when required to cover shifts for other employees.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities necessary to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. It is expected that other organizational needs will emerge from time to time which will be assigned to the Customer Service Assistant.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Customer Service Assistant-Half Time in the subject line.