Reports to: Information Systems Administrator | FLSA: Full-time hourly non-exempt position
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist will report to the Information Systems (IS) Administrator and will represent the organization in all aspects of assigned work. In this capacity, the IT Specialist will be expected to provide leadership and act as a positive model for other staff. The IT Specialist will act in good faith, providing the IS Administrator accurate information, advice, and recommendations in an honest, ethical, and straightforward manner.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Provide desk-side and telephone support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices and software
- Troubleshoot basic Microsoft Windows networking problems
- Install, configure, and maintain computers, associated hardware and software
- Provide basic training to end users
- Provide basic troubleshooting assistance with audio visual setup in conference rooms
- Create detailed documentation (instruction guides, policies, procedures, etc.)
- Support IT Manager
- IT project support assistance as directed by IS Administrator
- 2 years of Technical Support experience or Associates degree in CIS, MIS, or relevant field of technology, MCP or A+ certification is a plus
- 1 – 2 years’ Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10
- 1 – 2 years’ Experience with Microsoft Office (Especially MS Outlook, Word & Excel)
- 1 – 2 years’ Experience with setting up, configuring & troubleshooting PC & Laptop Hardware
- Basic knowledge of Windows Networking
- Troubleshooting experience with Printer/Copier Hardware
- Solid understanding of conference room technology (projectors, AV, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Internet-based applications (web browsers, e-mail, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic individual with great phone etiquette
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently moves Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 75 pounds across building for various events’ needs.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the IT Specialist required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Information Technology Specialist in the subject line.