Reports to: Nutrition Administrative Manager | FLSA: Nonexempt half-time position
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Administrative Manager, the Nutrition Assistant provides daily assistance to the department staff in managing and maintaining essential operations. They will be trained to fill all volunteer positions within the entire department. When not needed to fill a volunteer position, the Nutrition Assistant will assist staff, as instructed.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Assists volunteers, kitchen, and nutrition staff in daily program operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery is completed while maintaining quality and safety standards and compliance
- Assists with clerical work, including filing, data entry, scanning, as instructed
- Reports and documents client and volunteer information appropriately and accurately in multiple databases, including ServTracker, SAMS, Volgistics
- Assists other Nutrition Department staff as needed or instructed
- Answers phones to assist clients with meal changes or cancellations, or any other meal delivery issues
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of customer eligibility for all funding sources, service availability, and all program requirements
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all programs and services provided and supported by SourcePoint, both within the organization and through our many community partners; and an understanding of our commitment in the pursuit of excellence in customer service
- Participates in departmental special events, as well as goal creation and implementation
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, training sessions, and in-service education programs, as required
- Adheres to all applicable Nutrition Program policies and procedures
- Exhibits an understanding of and commitment to SourcePoint’s pursuit of excellence in customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good, accurate computer keyboarding skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets
- Bookkeeping experience preferred, with strong math skills
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written and verbal methods
- Must enjoy and respect older adults. Be patient, understanding and willing to work at building positive relationships with volunteers of all ages, as well as with clients
- Ability to be creative and to deal with ambiguity and change on a routine basis
- Ability to meet deadlines and successfully handle multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work cooperatively with others of various personality types
- Willing and able to have access to reliable transportation and drive in all types of weather; maintaining automobile insurance in an amount established by SourcePoint
- Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions, including ability to work in environments where there is potential for exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
- Willingness to promote a positive work culture both within the organization and the community
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 30 lbs., stand for prolonged periods, and withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures on a regular basis
- Ability to safely navigate uneven terrain and stairs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Nutrition Program Assistant required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis. It is also anticipated that other organizational needs will emerge from time to time, which will be assigned.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Nutrition Program Assistant in the subject line.