Reports to: Food Service Manager | FLSA: Fulltime Hourly Non-Exempt
Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Manager, the Kitchen Utility Prep is responsible to assist in all aspects of food production and kitchen operations for SourcePoint’s food service operations, which include but are not limited to food preparation, cooking, cleaning, setup and teardown for events, doing dishes, packing meals, and stocking inventory.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Prepares supplies and food for daily meal production;
- Responsible for packing all hot and cold meals (including all therapeutics and choices) and ensuring meals are attractive and uniform.
- Assists volunteers daily with counting and packaging of all meals to ensure accurate number of meals;
- Maintains daily meal plan records and all food supplies used in preparing each day’s meals and checks inventory to ensure needed supplies for the next day’s meals;
- Assist the Food Service Manager in tracking incoming supplies/food and keeping all needed supplies in stock;
- Maintains cleanliness of the kitchen and equipment in the area;
- Follows all health department guidelines and requirements as posted;
- Checks all food temperatures and record as directed by the HACCP Plan;
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all programs and services provided and supported by SourcePoint. This would include an understanding of SourcePoint’s programs, as well as an understanding of the programs supported through our partnerships
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with nutrition service programs preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to maintain required records.
- Meet multiple deadlines.
- Attend required trainings and staff meetings.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Willingness to promote a positive work culture both within the organization and in the community.
- Perform duties in a smoke free environment.
- Maintain appropriate personal hygiene.
- Must be creative and have the ability to deal with ambiguity and change on a routine basis.
- ServSafe Training Certification.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass criminal background checks per agency policy.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods, and withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely navigate uneven terrain and stairs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to insure a smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Kitchen Utility Prep employee required to wear many hats, that person must be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis. As organizational needs will emerge at times and be assigned to the Kitchen Utility Prep.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Kitchen Utility Prep Cook in the subject line.