You’ve signed up for a Medicare Advantage plan. You know how much you’ll pay to go to the doctor and what your medications will cost every month, but have you reviewed your plan documents in detail to make sure you’re accessing all the benefits available to you?
Remember, Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies. While the companies are all required to offer benefits that are at least as good as Original Medicare, each company can choose to offer its own unique packages of supplemental benefits for each of its plans. You can get details about the supplemental benefits packages on your plan by either reviewing the plan materials that you received in your welcome packet or by calling the customer service number on the back of your ID card.
Supplemental Benefits that MAY be offered:
- Dental – many Medicare Advantage plans will cover 2 cleanings and x-rays each year. Some plans offer more comprehensive coverage for items like root canals, crowns, implants, and even dentures.
- Vision – it is not uncommon for plans to offer an annual eye exam and money towards glasses or contacts.
- Hearing – plans may cover the initial exam as well as offer reduced copay amounts for hearing aids.
- Flex Spending Allowance – an annual amount that is often loaded onto a prepaid card that you can use towards out-of-pocket costs associated with the plan. Use the allowance towards copays, coinsurance amounts, and dental, vision, and hearing costs.
- Over-the-Counter Benefits – a quarterly allowance for over-the-counter items such as vitamins, band-aids, cold medicine, etc. Depending on the carrier, items may have to be purchased through a catalog, online, or at specific retail stores.
- Meal Delivery – receive meals delivered to your home after a qualifying hospital stay.
This is only a sampling of benefits that may be available on your Medicare Advantage plan. Call your insurance carrier today for complete details.
Make sure you’re taking full advantage of your Advantage plan!
SourcePoint Insurance Specialists offer free interactive workshops where participants learn more about Medicare Advantage plans. Participants will use the Medicare Plan Finder Tool to compare Medicare Advantage benefits, costs, and provider networks. Class sizes are limited and advance registration is required.
Register online or call 740-363-6677.