Who do I call if I have concerns or problems with a nursing home?

From www.goldenbuckeye.com: “Whenever problems arise with providers of long-term care services, residents of nursing homes and adult care facilities can call upon an ombudsman for help. Ombudsmen field complaints about long-term services, voice clients’ needs and concerns to nursing homes, home health agencies, and other providers of long-term care. While the Ombudsman Office does not ‘police’ nursing homes and home health agencies, they work with the long-term care provider and you, your family, or other representatives to resolve problems and concerns you may have about the quality of services you receive.

“Ombudsmen link you with the services or agencies you need to live a more productive, fulfilling life, advise you on selecting long-term care in Ohio, inform you about the rights of consumers, and provide information and assistance with benefits and insurance. If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about any long-term care service, call 800-282-1206.”

Scroll to Top