The mission of SourcePoint is to help our community to set a course to live well after 55. SourcePoint is a nonprofit which serves more than 5,000 people annually and has a budget of more than $12 million.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer | FLSA: Fulltime salaried (exempt) position
Working under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the primary responsibilities of the position are to perform the accounting functions for the Fiscal / Operations department. The goal is to perform such functions accurately and in a timely manner to contribute to the professional image of SourcePoint and promote goodwill between the SourcePoint and its employees, vendors, clients/customers, directors, constituency, and other outside parties.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
• Responsible for the supervision of two staff and the work which they perform, including but not limited to accounts payable and accounts receivable and cash management
• Responsible for all transactional recording into the general ledger, to include cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, etc.
• Prepares numerous journal entries and performs data entry
• Prepares the monthly financial statements, including all review, analysis, and distribution.
• Summarizes and prepares the offline financial reports for management and Board of Directors to include but not limited to Quarterly Financial Statement Package, Dashboard and Grant Cost Reports
• Responsible for all account reconciliations, including subsidiary ledgers and identifies discrepancies and prepares corrections
• Reconcile Bank accounts
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
• Leads annual budget preparation and presentation under direction of the CFO
• Leads Annual Audit under direction of the CFO
• Leads annual 990 preparation under direction of the CFO
• Releases Bank Transfers, performs payee maintenance
• Maintains chart of accounts for the general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed action
• Grant Reviews
• Research and analysis as assigned
• Attends management meetings and contributes to agency needs and events
• Initiates communication with third party contracted personnel and responds to requests
• Other duties as assigned by Director
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field with 3-4 years’ experience; or combination of education & experience.
• Experience with PC based software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Detail and Deadline orientated
• Experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications, ten-key data entry
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Peachtree/Sage Software, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
• Experience with inventory systems
• Experience with Donor Perfect and ActiveNet
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as computer, copier, telephone, calculator, FAX machine, and other equipment necessary to perform duties
• Ability to project a positive image of the organization and to routinely interact with the public in a professional manner; and
• Ability to perform multiple functions/tasks, complete work accurately and meet deadlines.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with other departments. Must be able to communicate clearly in these situations.
• Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 20 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and do extensive reading.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities to ensure a smooth continuity of operations within the organization. It is also anticipated that other organizational needs will emerge from time to time which will be assigned to the Accounting Manager.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Accounting Manager in the subject line.