If you are a Licensed Social Worker and want to make a positive impact on the lives of older adults, age 55+, in Delaware county, then this position is for you! Using skills to engage, assess, and link individuals to needed services so they may remain living at home, and delay premature nursing home placement, is what we do. SourcePoint has a team of social workers who work Monday – Friday, approximately 8am – 4:30pm, offers competitive wages, paid holidays off, 403B plan, and professional growth opportunities. This is a very rewarding position that requires someone who can assess individuals needs and living environment, demonstrates empathy and problem-solving with one of our communities’ greatest resources – our older adults.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assessing Needs, Service Eligibility, and Care Coordination (75%)
- Conducts in-home assessments, develops care plans, coordinates, and authorizes services outlined by the care plan, works with medical facilities as appropriate with care transitions, and provides case management services of varied levels of intensity.
- Routinely communicates with clients, client contacts, and service providers.
- Provides time-limited counseling to clients and their families on a variety of issues, including but not limited to long-term care needs and plans, grief and loss, changing family relations and other emotional issues, while working with mental health service providers in accessing long-term counseling.
- Links clients to appropriate services within the community as needed.
Quality Improvement/Team Engagement (20%)
- Employee engagement is essential to a healthy and productive culture. The Care Consultant will participate in department/agency meetings, training opportunities, and informal team collaboration.
- Maintain licensure.
- Assist with coverage, as needed, to ensure continuity of care for clients being served.
- The Care Consultant will actively look for opportunities for continuous improvement in providing effective services and resources, ensuring SourcePoint fulfills its mission in helping adults Thrive after 55.
Community Engagement (5%)
- Participate in planning and presenting information to share with community partners about SourcePoint’s programs and services related to In-Home Care Services as needed.
- Participation in agency committees/groups.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid and ability to assist clients with basic questions related to these programs.
- Ability to Demonstrated experience in client assessment, care plan development and case management.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of human service professionals and organizations serving older adults.
- Strong documentation and clerical skills, including experience working with Microsoft Outlook and other software programs, filing, and use of various office equipment.
- Effective communication skills with the public, possessing the ability to interview potential clients over the phone and in person and secure pertinent information, while communicating professionally and clearly.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to successfully handle multiple tasks and change, as necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of human service professionals within the organization and with outside community agencies serving older adults.
- Ability to promote a positive work culture both within the organization and in the community.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass criminal background and BMV checks per agency policy.
- Although infrequent, ability to work evenings, weekends, and modified schedules, as necessary to serve our clients.
- Assist with training of new team members and student interns as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, licensed to practice social work (LSW) or licensed professional counselor (LPC) in Ohio and a minimum of two years of experience working with older adults required.
- Case management experience required.
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift and/or exert up to 20 lbs. on a regular basis without assistance.
- Ability to transport self to and from home visits, meetings, events, etc. on a regular basis and as assigned.
- Ability to safely navigate uneven terrain and stairs.
- Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions including ability to work in environments where there is potential for exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
In any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities necessary to ensure a smooth continuity of operations with the organization. It is expected that other organizational needs will emerge, which will be assigned to the Care Consultant.
SourcePoint helps Delaware County adults 55 and better live safely at home and stay healthy as they age. We provide in-home care like Meals on Wheels, a large community center, support for caregivers, and more. And we want you on our team! Come join a wonderful organization that brings a wide variety of expertise and talents together under one roof. At SourcePoint, every team member, from accounting to wellness, contributes to our mission to help our community live well after 55.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At SourcePoint, we know diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year