No weekends! No evenings! Drive a company van! Make extra $$$ while relieving senior food insecurity. Join a nonprofit organization committed to helping older adults have access to healthy food! The time range for this position is 1.5-4.5 hours between 9:30am-2:00pm weekdays. Delivering Meals on Wheels is very rewarding work that requires someone who cares for the wellbeing of others.
Nutrition Program Supervisor | FLSA: Part-time non-exempt position | $13 per hour
Working under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Program Supervisor, the Meal Delivery Driver is primarily responsible for the pick-up and delivery of meals. When necessary, the driver must also pack the coolers for his/her routes. The Meal Delivery Driver will either drive a small company van or his/her own vehicle (with a mileage reimbursement rate of $0.58 per mile) based on van availability. The driver will be scheduled three days per week and on-call one day per week to cover any open meal delivery routes not filled by volunteers.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Picking up meals at SourcePoint or other designated pick-up spot, and delivering meals to each client on an assigned route
- Packing meal coolers for certain routes as needed
- Maintaining accurate delivery records
- Reporting any observed changes in senior clients regarding living or health conditions
- Following all food safety procedures related to sanitation and temperature control to ensure safe food service
- Act cheerfully and appropriately as a guest when entering the homes of our senior clients
- Attend required staff meetings and educational programs
- Adhere to all applicable Nutrition Program policies and procedures
- Complete daily vehicle safety inspection checklist prior to deliveries
Must be available to be scheduled three days per week as well as on call one day per week as well as some flexibility to be scheduled for occasional special deliveries from 12-4pm weekdays, and to attend occasional meetings or training sessions.
- Access to reliable transportation and be comfortable and willing to drive in all types of weather.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance coverage at levels dictated by agency and acceptable driving record.
- Willing to submit to and pass criminal background checks per agency policy.
- Comfortable with the operation of technology, such as tablets, GPS, etc.
- Ability to be creative and deal with ambiguity and change on a routine basis.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in written and verbal methods.
- Ability to promote a positive work culture within the organization, project a positive image of the organization in the community, and interact with the general public in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions; including ability to work in environments with potential exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
- Enjoy and respect older adults, including patience and understanding.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. on a regular basis without assistance.
- Ability to safely navigate unlevel terrain and stairs.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace throughout the entire shift.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Meal Delivery Driver required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis. It is also anticipated that other organizational needs will emerge from time to time, which will be assigned to the Meal Delivery Driver.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Part-Time Meal Delivery Driver in the subject line.