Working under the direct supervision of the director of communications and development, and in close association with the donor relations coordinator, the administrative specialist is responsible for providing a variety of key administrative and project support for the communications and development department, to help ensure effective day-to-day operations. Enjoy excellent benefits including full coverage insurance, generous time off, flexible work schedule, and up to 8% matching retirement fund.
Reports to: Director of Communications & Development | FLSA: Full-time hourly (non-exempt) position | Pay: $17.26 – $18.50 per hour
Essential Job Functions
Donor Database and Development Projects (50%)
- Perform data entry, including payment processing (gifts, refunds, and pledges) and adding new codes and templates.
- Reconcile monthly donation reports with accounting and perform routine monitoring and updates of do-not-mail lists from other departments.
- Be trained in other agency databases to run contact reports and import them into the donor database.
- Maintain accurate information in database functions and processes.
- Print and send timely, accurate thank-you letters/receipts to donors.
- Create and track invoices for advertisers and sponsors.
- Assist with routine and custom reports from donor database, including campaign mailing lists, key performance indicators, and other analysis of data.
General Administrative Tasks and Projects (50%)
- Coordinate all logistics of bulk mail for the organization. Monitor bulk mail and postage accounts and generate reports, as needed.
- Prepare and organize materials for monthly bulk mailings and oversee delivery to the post office. Process other first-class or special mailings, as needed.
- Supervise the head mailing volunteer and assistant volunteers in mail assembly.
- Printing and distribution:
- Complete high-volume print jobs, such as monthly newsletters and program flyers.
- Oversee the distribution of materials throughout the building.
- Assist with special events, including ticket sales, RSVP tracking, printing of promotional and event-day materials, etc.
- Coordinate with other departments and assist the event specialist with meetings, written correspondence, tracking, and creation of materials, as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Accurate recordkeeping ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks.
- Fluency with office applications, including Microsoft Office and Donor Perfect or similar contact relationship management software.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree, or equivalent years of experience in an administrative or office setting.
Essential Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer or phone.
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule for special events, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to move about in various environments, including outdoors.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
In any organization, particularly a nonprofit organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities necessary to ensure a smooth continuity of operations within the organization. It is expected that other organizational needs will emerge, which will be assigned to the administrative specialist.
SourcePoint helps Delaware County adults 55 and better live safely at home and stay healthy as they age. We provide in-home care like Meals on Wheels, a large community center, support for caregivers, and more. And we want you on our team! Come join a wonderful organization that brings a wide variety of expertise and talents together under one roof. At SourcePoint, every team member, from accounting to wellness, contributes to our mission to help our community live well after 55.
A Final Note
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At SourcePoint, we know diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Revised January 2024