Discover a rewarding career with a well-respected organization and help Delaware County adults 55 and older remain living safely in their own homes with independence and dignity. Enjoy excellent benefits including full coverage insurance, generous time off, flexible work schedule, and up to 8% matching retirement fund.
Reports to: Nutrition Administrative Manager | FLSA: Hourly nonexempt position | Pay $17.26-$18.50/hour
The Meals on Wheels Support Specialist collects, maintains, and reviews client data and performs computer data entry and other clerical tasks. They will also act as primary contact for clients requesting home-delivered meal cancellations and changes, as well as handling any other day-to-day meal service issues, as required. Our nutrition program does not just provide older adults access to healthy food, we provide community! This position is located at 800 Cheshire Road in Delaware, working Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Essential Job Functions & Expectations:
Data Entry and Reporting (40%)
- Maintain client database meeting departmental data entry standards
- Compile a variety of routine records and reports for daily food delivery
- Document no-shows and complete required follow-up calls to ensure client safety
- Prepare and submit end-of-month reports and claims follow-ups to ensure payment
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of customer eligibility for all funding sources, service availability, and all program requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients to handle meal selections, cancellations, and concerns
- Act as the primary point of contact for care consultants/case managers for client concerns, no-shows, issues, etc.
Direct Program Assistance (25%)
- Assist volunteers and meal delivery staff in daily program operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery is completed while maintaining quality and safety standards and compliance
- Assist the Nutrition Administrative Manager and Administrator during funder or other audit reviews and with other projects, as needed
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, special events, training sessions, and in-service education programs, as required
- Cross-train to act as a substitute volunteer in any area of the department, including the kitchen
- Assist or perform backup duties for the Nutrition Program Supervisor
- Adhere to all applicable Nutrition Program policies and procedures
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bookkeeping experience preferred, with strong math skills
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Proficient computer keyboarding skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Required Skills & Abilities
- Possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate effective oral, written, and electronic communication methods with a culturally diverse group of employees and volunteers in an articulate and professional manner
- Ability to be creative and to deal with ambiguity and change on a routine basis
- Ability to meet deadlines and successfully handle multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work cooperatively with others of various personality types
- Ability to promote a positive work culture both within the organization, and project a positive image of the organization to the public
- Must enjoy and respect older adults. Be patient, understanding, and willing to work at building positive relationships with volunteers of all ages, as well as with clients
- Must be willing to submit and pass criminal background checks per agency policy
Essential Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds & navigate un-level terrain and stairs
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to drive in all types of weather; maintaining automobile insurance in an amount established by SourcePoint
- Ability to work with individuals in diverse living situations and conditions, including the ability to work in environments where there is potential for exposure to animals, second-hand smoke, unpleasant odors, etc.
- Ability to work outside in cold or inclement weather during meal deliveries/volunteer drive-thru
In any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities necessary to ensure a smooth continuity of operations within the organization. It is expected that other organizational needs will emerge, which will be assigned to the Meals on Wheels Support Specialist.
SourcePoint helps Delaware County adults 55 and better live safely at home and stay healthy as they age. We provide in-home care like Meals on Wheels, a large community center, support for caregivers, and more. And we want you on our team! Come join a wonderful organization that brings a wide variety of expertise and talents together under one roof. At SourcePoint, every team member, from accounting to wellness, contributes to our mission to help our community live well after 55.
A Final Note
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At SourcePoint, we know diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Revised Nov 2023