Reports to: Information Systems Administrator | FLSA: Full-time hourly non-exempt position
Under the direct supervision of the Information Systems Administrator, the Software Applications Specialist will oversee all software applications by assisting with installation, configuration, and maintaining desktop operating systems.
Essential Job Functions and Expectations:
- Oversee the daily controls and performance of agency business critical applications, application examples: Office 365 platform, 3cx phone system, ActiveNet, FAMcare, ServTracker, Donor Perfect, Sage.
- Coordinate and oversee project assignments with appropriate staff and/or vendors; participate in the research and evaluation of software and hardware
- Assist staff in the support, analysis and design of application software which assists in solving staff identified problems; test the computer application software, ensure the output is appropriate; support, supervise, and assist in planning, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of computer programs
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Coordinate with staff regarding installation of hardware and applications, production implementation, and assist in solving any problems related to the output from the installation.
- Refer major software\hardware problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems.
- Expand or modify software to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Provide desk-side and telephone support for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and software
- Provide troubleshooting assistance with audio visual setup in conference rooms.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to support departmental needs.
- Associates degree in CIS, MIS, or relevant field of technology, MCP or A+ certification is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience with Microsoft Windows 10
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Especially MS Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel & Teams)
- 3 – 5 years’ Experience with setting up, configuring & troubleshooting PC & Laptop Hardware
- Troubleshooting experience with Printer/Copier Hardware
- Solid understanding of conference room technology (projectors, AV, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Internet based applications (web browsers, e-mail, etc.)
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic individual with great customer support skills
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently moves Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 75 pounds across building for various events’ needs.
It is recognized that in any organization, particularly a small organization, it is necessary to assume new responsibilities appropriate to ensure smooth continuity of operations with the organization. Not only is the Software Applications Specialist required to wear many hats, but it is expected that this person will be familiar with the work of others to the point of being able to fill in on a temporary basis.
Please remit your resume, including references to [email protected] with Software Applications Specialist in the subject line.